How To Balance The Sacral Chakra ￼
The seven energy centers that run along the centerline of the body are known as chakras. Our chi, or life force energy, runs smoothly through the body when it is balanced. When these centers get clogged, it can have a negative impact on our emotional and physical well-being. The second chakra, known as svadhistana, is located in the lower abdomen and inner pelvis and is related to the color orange.
This chakra is linked to creativity and sensuality. This energy center's major role is a pleasure and overall enjoyment of life. We can expect our relationship with ourselves and the world to feel harmonious, pleasurable, and nurturing when this chakra is balanced and working appropriately.
Signs of Svadhisthana energy blockage
Our emotional, spiritual, and even physical bodies can be affected by blocked energy in the chakras. The location of the blocked energy center is often where physical symptoms of blocked chakras manifest. When the sacral chakra is out of balance, you may notice one or more of the following symptoms:
- Ovarian cysts and other reproductive issues
- Low energy
- Chronic low back pain
- Urinary tract infections
- Pain during intercourse
- Other pelvic–lower abdominal issues
- Complications with the bladder and kidneys
Signs of an overactive sacral chakra can include:
- experiencing emotional ups and downs
- feeling consumed by your emotions, as if drowning in them
- using escapism to avoid life
- engaging in inappropriate expressions of sexuality
- showing obsessive affection that isn’t returned
How to tell if you’ve balanced your sacral chakra:
- stronger intuition
- equilibrium in your emotions
- an increase in your creativity
- improved emotional health
- greater sexual intimacy
How To Balance The Sacral Chakra
Most people will have a blocked sacrum at some point in their lives. Here are simple techniques to balance the sacral chakra if you feel like yours could use some attention:
1. Choose foods that will help to nourish the sacral chakra.
Certain meals are supposed to support certain chakras, and orange is one of them. Orange meals are the go-to for the sacral, as you would have surmised. "Eating foods that are sacral in alignment is a simple method to help both your physical and energy bodies balance the second chakra."
- nuts and seeds
- sweet potato
- butternut squash
- fermented foods
- orange citrus fruits
- hydrate with pure, filtered water infused with orange fruits (clementines, oranges, tangerines, golden raspberries, etc.)
2. Connect with water
Because the sacral chakra is linked to the element of water, fueling your body with water on the inside and out will benefit your sacral chakra. Poon advises drinking enough of water to keep your body hydrated. By adding a few of slices of orange, you can make it more sophisticated and sacral chakra-friendly. Swimming in a natural body of water or taking a warm bath with orange essential oils will also help get your sacrum buzzing again.
3. Bring in healing crystals
Bring in crystals if you have a chakra that is obstructed. "Amber, coral and orange calcite, citrine, orange aventurine, carnelian, and hematite are healing crystals that are great for the sacral chakra,". Place these on your sacral during meditation or take them with you during the day to absorb their positive energy.
4. Get comfortable with stillness
An imbalanced sacral chakra can benefit from some calm and mindfulness because it deals with emotions and intimacy. We can connect with our emotions and process them in a better way when we get comfortable with quietness. Make it a habit to sit in a cross-legged position for a few minutes every morning, just noticing the odors, feelings, and sensations of the moment. Every week, add a minute or two to your sitting time.
5. Get your thoughts down on paper.
Finally, journaling might assist us in connecting with our emotions. Consider the following questions as you put pen to paper:
- Am I happy with my sex life?
- Am I stimulating or fueling my creative passions?
- What would feeling empowered in my creativity and sexuality look like?
- What am I currently creating or giving to the world?
Affirmations are short, positive sentences that you repeat over and again in order to change your mindset. They're a terrific tool for chakra healing, according to Konst.
To balance the sacral chakra, she recommends the following affirmations:
- “I trust my feelings. I trust myself.”
- “I am safe to express my sexuality.”
- “I allow my creativity to flow freely.”
7. Meditation and Yoga
A meditation that accesses the water element of the sacral chakra, according to Covington, can be extremely powerful.
“This seemingly simple act will clear the shadow energies and bring the gift aspects of the sacral chakra into sharp focus to be utilized in your life,” Covington explains.
Yoga is also recommended by Konst.
“Yoga is a great practice for chakra healing and many poses specifically connect with certain chakras,” she says. “It’s all about being conscious of your body, breath, and mind, and learning to manipulate the flows of energy through your chakras.”
Popular yoga poses for the sacral chakra include:
- Camel Pose
- Garland Pose
- Bound Angle Pose
8. Crystals and stones
Chakra healing generally involves the usage of crystals and stones, which are usually put over the chakra during meditation. Moonstone, according to Covington, is a good choice.
“Moonstone has the rare gift of bringing what one needs versus what one wants,” she says. “It also helps us develop a profound emotional intelligence, a relationship with the deep unconscious, and a connection to the energy of the divine feminine.”
Konst recommends working with the following:
- Tiger’s eye (especially gold-colored): for heightening the primal connection and leading with courage
- Citrine: for manifesting joy and becoming reacquainted with life’s simple pleasures
- Autumn jasper: for compassion and protecting your positive space
- Carnelian: for unleashing creativity and discovering hidden gifts
- Mookalite (especially red-colored): for embracing change and resolving difficult situations
9. Essential oils
Essential oils, according to some, might help to balance the chakras.
According to belief, different oils correspond to different energy centers. After being diluted with a carrier oil, they're frequently applied to the skin or added to a bath.
The following essential oils may assist to balance the sacral chakra:
- Pink pepper seed
- Massoia bark
10. Do some hip-opening stretches
If a chakra seems blocked, sluggish energy is most likely stuck there. So, if you're experiencing a sacrum block, get moving, focusing on your hips and lower abdomen.
The bottom line
The Svadhishthana Chakra, also known as the Sacral Chakra, represents our creative capacity, ability to maintain happy relationships, and sexual energy. Blockages are caused by suppressing vital energy or focusing on undesirable thoughts and patterns. This chakra frees a person from self-control and the dread of being abandoned. Restoring the Sacral Chakra's equilibrium results in a person who is more empowered and self-assured.